Re: /usr/local again

Hi Dale,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 08:08:40PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> Why not treat these directories the same way we treat configuration files.
> That is, the directories remain, under a normal Remove, but are "properly"
> removed if a Purge is requested. This leaves the control in the hands of
> the admin, where it belongs.

Okay, let's end this thread now. I agree this sounds sane. When I get the
time I will write a little script to handle /usr/local from package
scripts.

Thanks

    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member