Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:47:55 +1100
From: Tim Bell <bhat@cs.mu.OZ.AU>
Subject: apache auth_ldap problems

Has anyone got auth_ldap working with apache?  I'm using apache 1.3.9-10,
and auth_ldap doesn't seem to be included.

The changelog.Debian says:

	apache (1.3.9-6) unstable; urgency=low

	  * Compilation of mod_auth_ldap is optional.

	 -- Johnie Ingram <johnie@debian.org>  Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:13:08 -0500

	apache (1.3.9-5) unstable; urgency=low

	  * Included auth_ldap from Rudedog's software laboratories.

I'm not sure what "optional" means for a pre-built package.

I've also tried building apache 1.3.9-10 myself from source.
auth_ldap-1.4.0 is included, but it didn't build properly without
changes.  (It was using an openldap 2.0 alpha library, which isn't
available as a debian package.)  There were a few other fixes as well,
which allowed the build to work.  (I can file these as bugs if anyone
thinks it will be useful.)  But now, apachectl configtest gives:

	Syntax error on line 103 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
	Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/1.3/auth_ldap.so into server: /usr/lib/apache/1.3/auth_ldap.so: undefined symbol: ber_scanf

[Of course, it's not really a syntax error in the config file.]

Any ideas?

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Tim Bell - bhat@cs.mu.oz.au - Dept of Comp Sci & SE - Uni of Melbourne, Aust.