Re: mandb wrapper scripts

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 12:14:01PM +0200, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
> > I would prefer a portable implementation over adding -s to the native su
> > each time Debian is ported to a new platform.
>
> That could mean add a test ...
> does Hurd return 1 when you run
>
> 	su -s /bin/true 2>/dev/null; echo $?

So what if the Hurd su author decides to make -s an entirely different
option?

I have not looked at the problem at hand, so I can't make any good
suggestions. But if you are in need for unportable solutions,
probably stick with

[ 'uname -s' = linux ] &&

But if you do this, you can just as well configure the wrapper at install
time.

Thanks,
Marcus