Re: Copyproblem on some fonts I intend to package

Chanop Silpa-Anan wrote:
> And many people claim that they are in public domain but I couldn't find any
> copyright statement for these fonts.

Fonts sometimes contain copyright data right inside them:

joey@paper:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/big-cursor>zcat *.gz |strings |head -2
COPYRIGHT
These "glyphs" are unencumbered

And:

joey@paper:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi>zcat courB10.pcf.gz | strings
|grep -i copy
COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1984, 1987 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 1988, 1991 Digital Equipment Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Of course, this leads me to wonder if we have a copyright problem with some
of the fonts, since many of them seem to have an "All Rights Reserved"
license, which is 100% non-free. Branden?

--
see shy jo