Re: Leadership Debate
Le Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 05:44:59PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe écrivait:
> Note the return address on this mail is 'email@example.com'
> please deluge that address with suggested questions :> Oh, try to keep it
> off /. - skript kiddies are not invited!
I hope I'm not too late because I have some questions. It's about QA.
I think that we need better rules for QA. What do they plan to do for QA ?
What do they think about things like that :
- We should enforce that every developer MUST be suscribed to
debian-devel-announce (and debian-devel-announce must be moderated).
- We should enforce developer to always respond within 15 days or to mark
themselves as "absent" (using the nice & securized & web accessible
- What about rules for managing critical bugs ? A maintainer should
always correct a RC bug within a month. If not then NMU are
allowed. If he really has good reasons for refusing NMU even after this
delay, he should explain the reasons in a mail sent to the BTS (so that
people looking at bug reports know about it)
- Will they give the power to a team to orphan packages maintained by
MIA developers (hopefully with Echelon results) ?
- Will they push forward the new proposed release system (with stable,
unstable and testing) ?
If you can't push them all in the debate, i'd like that they respond to
the questions later here on debian-vote.
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd
Formations Linux et logiciels libres : http://www.logidee.com </pub>