Re: WARNING: base-files in current potato nukes /var/spool/mail contents

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 05:11:34PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> I mostly agree, but for this very reason you should probably not replace
> the /var/spool/mail directory by a symlink...

In the real world you sometimes have to take emergency shortcuts. It's
not pretty, but it does happen. (E.g., /var fills up but you have 5gigs
on /usr/local -- the users just want mail, now, they don't want to hear
that replacing /var/spool/mail with a symlink is aesthetically unclean.)

--
Mike Stone