Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 07:37:53PM +0100, Pierre Beyssac wrote:
> The point is about removing uselessly duplicate features. Who uses
> the floppy boot feature of this MBR? Nobody. Who can be fucked by
> this feature? A lot of people.

Now that I know about, I will use it. As I pointed out earlier, a
current brand of broken BIOS makes it clumsy to boot from the floppy,
and this solves a problem for me. The only people who are going to
have problems with it are people trying to secure a console -
which is a fairly unusual practice and needs special work anyway.

Stop making things so black and white; it has uses for many of
us, and causes problems for a few. Hence it should be
documented, not anhillated.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;