Re: Scary bugs

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 12:46:29PM -0800, Ryan Murray wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 11:26:58AM +0100, Thierry Laronde wrote:
> > >                 ;;
> > >         stop|restart|reload)
> > >                 [ "$GMT" = "-u" ] && GMT="--utc"
> >                   #hwclock --systohc $GMT
>
> I see this as creating another 10+ bug reports "my clock doesn't
> change after a reboot when I change it", and that being consistent
> through potato (One or two opened every few weeks.  The time the user
> sees through "normal" use of the system is what should be set back to
> the CMOS clock.  It is the --adjust line that causes the warping, not
> the --systohc line at reboot time.  Even someone using NTP doesn't
> really mind the --systohc at reboot time, since it is, after all, a
> reboot.

Well, there are no absolute truth in this domain : they are all relative
to the knowledge of the user.

I finally agree that we can keep `hwclock --systohc' with a documentation.

The diff proposed by Henrique M. Holschuh are a good solution for potato.

For woody, we can start working.

Cheers,
--
Thierry LARONDE