Re: KDE: a plan how to solve that

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 01:38:45PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Personal opinions vary on this, but at least someone in Debian (the person
> > who maintains the packages currently outside of Debian) wishes for Debian
> > to.  Debian's policy is generally if the maintainer wants to and can do so
> > (ie, licenses allow it), it can go into the archive under whatever section
> > the licensing situation would place it..
>
> I actually talked with him a while ago about that; he promised to upload
> new packages once a new KDE snapshot was released so we could take a
> look at them and verify the licenses.. unfortunately it seems he hasn't
> done that yet.

A look at the CVS tree tells me that we have longer to wait.  =<  Much
longer by the looks of it.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

<xtifr> direct brain implants :)
<knghtbrd> xtifr - yah, then using computers would actually require some
           of these idiots to think!
<knghtbrd> ;>