ITP: Slash, Sourceforge (fwd)

A lot of what I do in real life involves building intranet departmental
websites and the following packages will come in handy for me.

Slash is the code behind http://slashdot.org. It provides web based
discussion forums.  Version 0.90 was just released today under the GPL.

Sourceforge is the code behind http://sourceforge.net . It provides web
based infrastructure for a software development project (access to CVS,
mailing lists, bug tracking etc.)  It is also GPLed.

The only problem I see with both these sites, is they depend on MySQL
databases.  How should I handle this?  I'm thinking create the database in
the postinst and remove it in the postrm if purge is selected.  However
where should it go in the filesystem?  What if the user wants it somewhere
else?  How about if they want it ona seperate server altogether?  Do we
have any policy/prior art on these issues?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>