Re: ITP: dnscache (Re: To the bind maintainer)

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 11:31:47AM +0900, ARAKI Yasuhiro wrote:
> >  >Dnscache is a collection on DNS tools (a local DNS cache).
> >  >These are written by D.J.Bernstein.
> >  >http://cr.yp.to/dnscache.html
> > It's not free and not even packageable.
> > And like all Bernstein's programs it's missing features the author
> > consider not important or broken.
> As you point out, licence of DJB's programs is very eccentric.
> But I think dnscache is good tool for packaging "dnscache-src".
> If aynone say none for more non-DFSG software, I back away ITP.

	dnscache seems to be under _no_ license at all,
        thus Debian can't even distribute the source.
        You could do an installer package, if you wanted.

        (Compare with e.g. qmail's short and simple license
        at http://cr.yp.to/qmail/dist.html: "You may distribute
        copies of qmail-1.03.tar.gz, with MD5 checksum ...")
--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | A crash reduces