ITP: dnscache (Re: To the bind maintainer)

Folks,
ITP: dnscache

Dnscache is a collection on DNS tools (a local DNS cache).
These are written by D.J.Bernstein.
http://cr.yp.to/dnscache.html

At Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:47:34 +0100,
Marek Habersack <grendel@vip.net.pl> wrote:

> > Maybe we need to get away from the idea that BIND is suitable for all
> > situations.
> Well, for many purposes bind is certainly too huge, maybe it's time for a
> virtual dns-server package and several DNS daemons that serve various
> purposes?

I agree. Dnscache is good for one of the virtual dns-server package.
I think, BIND is not only method for DNS but bind came to a too versatile
system. If anyone want to fast search only processing on localhost only,
dnscache is enough to this purpose.

--
ARAKI Yasuhiro
yasu@debian.or.jp