Re: Call for NMU on console-data, console-tools, kbd

Hartmut Koptein writes:

 > > I will not have the resources to fix the bugs on my packages during
 > > the next weeks.  Especially the debconf stuff in console-data,
 > > console-tools, kbd causes 3 bugs important flagged important (and
 >
 > aiieee, so you can't upload _now_ a newer console-data package?

Worse: I cannot even work on it because my motherboard is dead, and
because of time constraints.

 > If so, please send me your latest diff.

All went in my upload last week - about which I think I forgot to
thank you for your feedback :| - so thanks !

 > The $arch/$subarch must be
 > fixed real quick now.  I'll do an NMU for this package.

Well, there are other issues that would need to be done about the
debconf script, namely:

- think about using default values (several bugs, 2 of them inportant)
- find the root cause of #55276

I you feel like tracking them, please feel free to do so.

Nevertheless, according to the release plan at
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/1999/48/mail#3 we should be inside
of the 1st test cycle (unless it was shifted, but I have no info on
this), so IMHO the safe plan for this would be to postpone debconf
support in console-* for woody.  Since debconf support is not yet
completely generalized, I think we can afford this, although I'd have
prefered a robust debconf support in these packages :}

Best regards, and thanks for your help,
--
Yann.