Re: Bulgarian additions to Debian

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 04:49:52PM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
] Hi!
]
] I am the upstream author at least of portions of your packages.  Yes, I have
] plans to make packages for Debian, but this is OK -- we can cooperate.  If
] you want I will tell you about my vision for them.

Hello once again :-)
If you'd like to be maintainer - I will send you all the modifications made
by me so far.

] I would like to suggest to wait till potato becames stable.  Till that time
] we need to make a conception about these packages.  We need to decide about
] how many .deb packages to do.  A portion of my package is interesting not
] only to bulgarian users.  Other portion will became obsolete, if other
] packages was more internationalized.  For example I think that it would be
] better if the packages 'kbd' and 'console-tools' have bulgarian support,
] than to make another package.

Agreed. I have already contacted maintaners responsible for locales and
Xkb's - about a week ago. No response yet. Currently I've packaged:

console-bg - console keymaps and fonts (cp1251)
locale-bg  - locale bg_BG.cp1251
xfree86-bg-keyboard  - cp1251 Xkb keyboard
xfonts-cp1251-100dpi
xfonts-cp1251-75dpi
xfonts-cp1251-misc

of which the first three could be merged into existing Debian packages:
console-data, locales and xlib6g respectively. On the other hand the fonts
are doubling some of the contents of xfont-cyrillic (Cronyx Helvetica and Times,
cp-1251, I think). Is that merger possible before the release of potato?

In the meantime I submited the APT-source to the Unofficial sources list.

] Regards,
] Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>

Greetings,
Pavel