Re: xinetd adoption/takeover; radiusd-cistron orphaned

On 00-01-17 Matus fantomas Uhlar wrote:
> -> The maintainer of xined package, Norbert Veber, should appear on this planet
> -> in the next few days (some of his e-mail addresses bounce :( ), else I shall
> -> take the xinetd package. I have already done a couple of uploads of that
> -> package, closing a dozen or so bugs.
> ->
> -> After summer 1999, nobody has found any traces of him. He also isn't in
> -> ~maor/dinstall/debian-keyring.*, so I guess he's oficially declared MIA.
> -> Thus, his other package "radiusd-cistron" is orphaned, too.

> FreeBSD has xzinetd version 2.1.8.7 which already allows using of tcp
> wrappers and some other changes. I'd like someone (you?) to port this.
> http://synack.net/xinetd/

May I suggest that you first inspect the current package before making
suggestions? Our xinetd-package already is the one you mentioned. From
/usr/share/doc/debian/copyright:

xinetd was first debianized by Boris D. Beletsky, and later maintained
by Adam Heath and Norbert Veber. Current maintainer is Josip Rodin
<jrodin@jagor.srce.hr>.

Original source may be found at: http://synack.net/xinetd/

Upstream maintainer is: Rob Braun <bbraun@synack.net>

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *