NMU without even bugreport nor contacting maintainer

Hi,

Recently, Joel Klecker made a NMU for fakeroot without contacting me.
On the BTS I cannot find any reason why he would have made this NMU,
and the changelog entry doesn't tell me much eighter.

When I found out he made that NMU (18 jan), I sent him an email, asking
why he did it. As of today, I haven't recieved any reply.

Also, the `fix' he applied to fakeroot, seemed to be a bad-quick-hack:
he removed code written by Ray Dassen that probes for the current libc
version, and simply removed the "libc6" dependancy.
I have no idea what the NMU by Joek Klecker fixes.

So, my response to that is to just ignore that NMU by Joel, and remove
his `fix'.

But it rather annoys me that a fellow Debian developer applies NMU's
without even and entry in the BTS or mailing me -- and then, after that,
refusing to answer my (very polite) email for more information.

Is Joel Klecker <espy@debian.org> known for other such antics?
How many such jokes must one pull to be removed from the developers
keyring?

Concerning NMU fakeroot version: fakeroot_0.4.4-4.1
Last upload by me: 13 nov 1999;
NMU by Joel Klecker: 29 Dec 1999.
I only found out about Joel Klecker's NMU when someone else
(Yann DIRSON) mentioned it.

As a sidenote: Generally I am all for NMU's. I think it's good when
developpers help each other, and I often ask people to NMU my packages.
But I find it very strange that Joel Klecker didn't contact me at all,
etc.

Thanks,

--
joostje