wordnet: Refuses to start - really clueless

Hello,

I really need your help because the wordnet package did not work
after my latest potato upgrade last week.  I tried to debug it
but failed.

Unfortunately I do not know mutch about the strace output and
couldn't detect any problem withit.  I appended this output
gezipped to this mail and really hope that someone detects a hint
to the problem.

May be someone with an up to date potato system could check if
the wordnet browser wnb works.  I'm uncertain if my system is
broken in some strange kind after not getting emacs working under
X.

There is some time preasure for the wordnet package because a
new package (with updated package description text) has to go
into potato because the upstream source maintainer wanted it
to be corrected.

Kind regards

         Andreas.