Re: potato testing: xdm vs gpm, samba changed?

    Kenneth> I just noticed that gpm WILL let me login as root (and
    Kenneth> give me a warning message) same behavior as redhat.  So I
    Kenneth> guess redhat was using gpm all along.  Also gpm starts
    Kenneth> gnome-session.

I hope you mean gdm, not gpm, right??? Otherwise, it looks like you
just found a security hole in gpm ;-) (or perhaps you mean you can now
use mouse strokes instead of a password to log in ;-) )

This is configurable in /etc/X11/gdm, I think. My version
has AllowRoot=0.

I would never log in as root, unless X wouldn't run for some reason
under my normal user id. Besides, when I have my account setup for X
perfectly, I don't want to have to worry about setting it up again
just for root ;-).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>