Re: To the bind maintainer

On 21/1/2000 Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

I think it is called linux capabilities. If someone wants to make bind
more secure arrange for it to run as nobody with bind-to-any-port
capability (or something like that)

this requires filesystem support to store the capabilities, which is not done yet.

That is the best way to go, needs a bind patch though!

and a filesystem patch.

I'm not sure how a nobody running bind can write its zone cache files
though..

you would still have to run bind as user named and make the cache files owned by that user.

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/