Re: KDE not in Debian?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 02:53:21PM -0800, David Johnson wrote:
> I don't think that there's a legal
> obligation for the copyright holder to public announce his or her
> approval or displeasure of the code reuse.

That's the problem. At any time, the copyright holders for gv could
hit anyone who's distributing kgv with a massive cease, deist, plus
punitive damages suit, and I don't think there's any question that
they could get the cease and deist, at least for future distributions.
Probably for current distributions, too - i.e Red Hat, Mandrake,
etc. has to destroy all the old CD's. Debian wants to avoid that.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;