Re: task-dialup-isdn

On Wed 19 Jan 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 04:07:20PM +0100, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> >
> > I'd suggest to remove diald, dialdcost, ppp, pppconfig and wvdial from
> > task-dialup. These programs could be moved into a new task-dialup-modem
> > which depends on task-dialup.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to keep task-dialup-modem and task-dilaup-isdn
> completely seperated? Package inflation without support in the GUI's
> is one of our current problems...

Agreed.

The package `ppp' _is_ useful when used with ISDN, as it supplies the
ip-up and ip-down framework that `isdnutils' also uses... `isdnutils'
currently "Suggests:" `ppp', but that doesn't work as planned with
apt-get, only dselect.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/