Re: Proposa: New header to specify how important an upgrade is.

> > [Add last-*-update header, and add to apt to recognize]
> >  I think this would be great!! It's very simple to implement and to
> > understand....!
> >  What do you think?
>
> I like this idea, but I think you should go all the way and add a
> "Last-update" header. Right now, it's impossible in dselect to tell when
> a package was built, and sometimes that would be useful. What I really
> would like is for the most recent changelog to be available, to see if
> really need to upgrade emacs or tetex again, but then the packages file
> would be twice times as big, so that's probably not going to happen.

 Last-update it's completely another story... It would tell you another
thing... (less useful, I think). Last-critical-update <version> is much
cooler... Obviously I think this won't happen unless I did it myself and
used a gun against the maintainers... I couldn't *ever* get a proposal
accepted, no matter how clever it might be... (I blame my poor use of the
language for that)... =)