Re: INN packages

On Jan 16, Alexander Koch <efraim@argh.org> wrote:

 >several 2.x servers running, even bloody-edge 2.3-CVS versions,
 >but the first thing I had to do was putting the package on hold
 >on all the debian boxes. The latest 1.7.2 NMUs had some breakage
 >in them, too... *sigh*
My suggestion for a compromise is to package inn 2.x as inn2 and if
the release manager accepts that, put again the old 1.7.x package
in potato.
Bdale, would you do that?

There is no point in packaging INN 2.x as inn, an automatic upgrade
path is not possible anyway.

 >Nobody in his right mind would use the INN 1.7.2 Debian INN
 >for more than 20 concurrent users. So all those not-so-advanced
I did that when news.mi.linux.it was a public access server, and it
worked well. But anybody who admins news servers is obviously not in
his right mind... <g>
I think the 1.7 without the insync patch can support many more users
than 20.

 >Alexander,
 >being in the news business too damn long
(Any comments about my c-nocem package? I've never used it... :-) )

--
ciao,
Marco