Re: Uploading for multiple architectures...automatically

On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 10:06:06PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 09:55:53AM -0800, Oscar Levi wrote:
> > I'd like to upload for *all* available architectures when I make new
> > releases.  I'm finding a couple of hurdles.  For example,
> > dpkg-genchanges appears to be designed for creating .changes files for
> > one and only one architecture.
> >
> > Where is the documentation for multiple-architecture package
> > construction?
>
> Per binary package, in the debian/control file, if the binary package
> contains compiled code:
> Architecture: any
> And if not:
> Architecture: all
>
> In the first case, the autobuilders will build it for all other
> architectures; in the latter, dinstall will automatically add it to
> all architectures.

Two things.

  a) My package compiles fine on alpha, I haven't tested the others.
     According to your description, I set Architecture in
     debian/control to all to force the autobuilders to build the
     package on our auto-build machines.  (Btw, this is already done.)
     Right?
  b) The documentation is a little fuzzy in this respect.  I checked
     the packaging manual which does mention the ANY architecture.  It
     doesn't address the auto-build stuff.  While it does follow from
     the design, it isn't clear from the documentation.  Is there
     another place to find details of multi-architecture issues?