Translations of GPL

Hello,

in the process of internationalisation I wonder if there should be
translations of the (L)GPL.  I know that valid translations are
a hard topic, but in my opinion we exclude people which doesn't
understand from a legal use.

The background of this iedea was that I'd like to ship a German
fortune cookie database with a GPL in German language.  Someone
told me that this is not valid, at least it is not THE GPL.

In my opinion a German cookie database makes only sense for people
who understand a German license and not necessarily have to understand
an English one.

How to cope with that fact, which could occure in several other
cases?

Kind regards

          Andreas.