Bug in new Xfree (or something related)

This post is sent to debian-devel, because I do not know how to find out,
which package is reponsible for the problem. If I know this, I will file a bug
report.

I upgraded today to the new Xfree version and noticed a stange problem in the
potato. NOTE: The problem happens only if I use the potato machine as terminal
and work with remote Solaris applications (but even standard applications like
emacs).

Now the following happens (I am not sure, if this is really related to the
XFree upgrade, but since I using the machine not very often, I did not notice
it before):

1. Do ssh2 to a Solaris 2.6 machine
2. Start an X-Application on the remote machine (e.g. emacs, dtmailtool)
3. Try to type a "@" sign.
4. A "q" appears. NOTE: This is a German keyboard, and the @ is on the key
AltGr-q
5. Cut (from a local application)-and-paste (to the solaris application) works
on standard applications. So there is a way to get the @ sign.

If I use a remote openwindows application not even cut-and-paste of the @
works.

Any ideas, which package is responsible for the bug (or am I using a wrong
configuration somewhere)?
--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de