exim bug 51548

moin, moin,

just installed potato on a ppc box and ran into bug 51548. There's no
check to see if the file exists before checking to see if one can write to
it, so if it doesn't exist, the test fails and one it told to try it as
root, regardless of the fact that the install is taking place under the
root account.

Anyway, the following change fixes this particular problem. Line 46 in
eximconfig could read:

if ( -e "$etc/exim.conf" and ! -w "$etc/exim.conf" ) {

It looks like the phrase that starts was added to fix bug 50543.

ciao,

der.hans

--
#                 der.hans@LuftHans.com                   #