Re: Webmin

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:

> Quoting from the webmin homepage:
>
> What licence is Webmin distributed under?
>
> Following the acquisition of Webmin by Caldera, all past and future
> versions of Webmin are available under the BSD
> licence. This means that on Linux and other platforms, Webmin may be
> freely distributed and modified for commercial and
> non-commercial use.
>

> Is somebody working on it now ? I would package it, but at the moment I
> do not have enough free time to do so.
> I think that Webmin could be very useful to many users of Debian and
> with a BSD license, it seems perfectly reasonable to include it in main.

I ITP'ed it originally and have been in contact with the webmin author. I
know that it is free now, but there are still some issues... for example
the full text of the license can't be found anywhere... I'll start working
on packaging it as soon as the full text of the license is available in
the downloadable tar.gz.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/