Re: dependancy problem in potato

What really matters is that when you select the
Kernel-Source package dselect will also select the
bzip2 package (if it isn't already installed).  AFAIK
what section the bzip2 is placed in doesn't matter.
Probably at the same level as the kernel-source or
kernel-package would be good.

--- Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 06:10:10PM +0100, Samuel
> Tardieu wrote:
> > | The kernel-source package (2.2.13) came in .bz2
> > | format, but there is no dependancy on the bzip2
> > | package.  (Which means you can't unpack it!)
> >
> > What do people think of changing bzip2
> priority/section to required/base?
>
> I don't think "required" is needed, as you can run
> even a minimal Debian
> system without bzip2. AFAICT "important" would be
> good.
>
> About the section: the whole concept of "base"
> section is not valid anymore,
> in fact, I think we should phase it out in the next
> unstable.
>
> --
> enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first
> name

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze