Re: Possible solution to Netscape crashing problem (was Re: Release-critical Bugreport for January 7, 2000)

Greg Stark wrote:

> Unfortunately that's the least of the problems. For many people it crashes
> whenever you start Java, run javascript while it's decoding a gif, or just
> randomly every few minutes (if you're lucky).

But this problem was reproducable on all systems I have tested, so this was
the only one I could fix.

> I think my problems with netscape coincided with getting a faster net
> connection. I remember being able to use it fairly reliably on my 14.4kbps,
> and now it's completely unusable on an ADSL line.

Are you talking about the libc5 oder libc6 version? Both versions now run
fine for me (the libc6 version with my libXt) on ISDN (64 kbps) and a LAN
with T3 Internet connection.

--
Stefan Gybas