Re: Differing lists of packages?

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 01:25:40PM +1100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> When I download the Packages files from potato and
> then view the packages from the website, it sometimes
> seems I'm looking at two different lists.
>
> For example, in the Packages file I just downloaded,
> quake-3dfx is listed as depending on (among other
> things) libGL1. But the website doesn't mention this.
> Similarly, the website says it depends on mesag3-widgets,
> which is not mentioned in the Packages file.
>
> What's going on?

There is roughly a one hour time difference between the update of the
archive and the update of the web pages.

That is not the problem in this case. In fact, there isn't really a
problem. The web pages expands any virtual dependencies (like libgl1).
This is what a user would want to see. In this case libgl1 is replaced
with mesag3 and mesag3-glide (mesag3-widgets is in the list due to a
mistake in packaging. It will be fixed in the next upload of the package).

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org