debwrap & general discussion

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 11:38:23PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> It may be dangerous to release a package like debwrap, since it may let
> some maintainers believe, they could just recomend use of debwrap instead
> of fixing bugs in installation scripts. Dumb questions are bugs too.

as far as i understood, the main purpose of debwrap is to automate the installation, NOT TO FIX BUGS!

also, it's time that i say my opinion about this matter.

i think that debwrap is an useful tool for companies/persons who want to automate the installation. to make commercial packages, or just make group installations. while debconf is not working as it should, this is a nice drop in to replace debconf.. also until debconf is able to do an installation without user interfearance tools like this are needed. i bet that this tool could be converted to answer debconf questions later on too...

i could start building an OEM version of Debian linux today, but people are saying that wait until it's finished, make it then!

come on! Linux is never finished.. well not on this rate of developement atleast! let it develope, and the choose the best software for the public.

also.. seems like the community is changing.. before people were supporting others with they're projects, now the most comments i see are those which try to shoot projects down.

that kinda covers my 2 cents =)

--
get a life, get the second one free...