Re: Bad permissions on /tmp

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 02:10:22AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I've noticed by way of dpkg-source -x that the perms of the "." directory
> in a tarfile clobber the ones on the actual current directory.
>
> Yes, this is a bug IMO, but I don't know if it has been reported.

Sorry, I meant dpkg-deb -x.  And joeyh tells me on IRC that this in fact
correct behavior, if the untarring user has rights to modify the perms on
the current directory.  Still, if you did any dpkg-deb -x'ing, that might
explain it.

Sorry for wasting your time, tar maintainer.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     There's nothing an agnostic can't do
Debian GNU/Linux               |     if he doesn't know whether he believes