Re: Which termcap is right?

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 12:28:19PM -0500, Bob Hilliard wrote:
>      The description of termcap-compat sounds as if it wouldn't help
> in this case, but I installed it and it does help - at least
> dpkg-reconfigure doesn't give an error.

There's nothing surprising about this at all.  debconf uses Term::ReadLine,
which uses Term::Cap, which is just a module that reads a termcap file, most
commonly /etc/termcap or /usr/share/misc/termcap.  Debian converted to
terminfo a long time ago, and therefore the termcap file and libreadline.so
serve no purpose on a Debian system, except to placate "legacy" software
that expects them to exist and be meaningful.  Hence, termcap-compat.