Re: Some developers still using slink?

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 11:00:46AM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
> > As a general rule, as long as you can run the result in potato without
> > using oldlibs packages, it should be fine. [ Personal note: Most of the
> > packages I maintain depend on libc6 and nothing more. For this reason I
> > have not upgraded to potato yet. This way my uploads are usable by both
> > slink and potato users ].

	The same happening to me.

> So how many other developers are not using unstable? Is everybody have going
> to produced glibc 2.1 packages by the time potato ships? When do people plan
> to change? During the freeze? Just before?

	I used to have two partitions, one with stable (for my daily work)
and another with unstable (for developer work) but my daily work demanded
the other partition :(

	Since I do not have a spare computer/disk at the moment, I plan on
upgrading just after the release. If I get a new disk/computer berfore that,
It will use potato from scratch. Wait, I just received a used PowerPC, an
IBM 43P, hmmm...  can I install Debian for ppc there? :) (it arrived while
I was writing this messsage :D )

	Regards,

--macan