Re: Debian membership (with a twist)

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 09:31:42PM -0700, Yves Arrouye wrote:
> > b) give the Project Leader the ability to stop stupid things like the
> >    /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc debate, and just pick an option.
>
> That's been the case at some point. Isn't it true anymore?

The DPL has this ability.  In this specific case, he delegated it to
the technical committee.

This forced the technical committee to get its act together (it took
three weeks for the technical committee to come up with a decision,
which is longer than it should have taken).

Anyways, the decision has been settled for a month now, and the policy
group still hasn't issued the relevant policy.  I hope the DPL doesn't
have to step in again on this.  [I think the policy group is waiting on
Manoj, and I think Manoj is on vacation or some such.]

--
Raul