xplanet project - volunteers sought

Have you all seen the nice developers' map at
http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.loc ?

Here's your chance to help make it better!

The map is generated by xplanet. However, we have a few slight problems....

1) xplanet doesn't build well on slink (well, xplanet does, but it depends
on things that are only in potato). This can be circumvented with a bit of
effort

2) more importantly though, xplanet uses imlib, which requires a X display
to run. This means that we can't generate the map easily from a
non-interactive script (like a crontab or something)

Would someone be interested/willing to look at the xplanet code and patch
together something that uses, say, libjpeg instead of imlib? Please email me
if you are willing to take this one. Thanks!

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/