Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality

Hi

Ship's Log, Lt. Piotr Roszatycki, Stardate 021099.1636:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > DON'T INSTALL THE DAEMON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RUN IT.
> >
> > WHY IS THE BLEEDING OBVIOUS SO FAR BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION?

this is as wrong as it is loud

> I've install postgresql on my home computer. I need this
> daemon only sometimes. I don't want to start it every time
> I reboot system.
>
> debconf could be helpful.

I like to discover new things, I like to learn. How shall I learn about
networking, databases, etc. without installing the software?

Unlike other ppl I have to pay for my phoneline, this argument should be known
on this list by now, and therfore try not to install too much at home.
About 4 times a YYear I carry my 'puter to my office and install there (as
much as I can)

Greetings
--
Alexander N. Benner -*- Nikodemus@innocent.com -*- Ephesians 6:12 , John 1:5

She relaxed just a little, [..] "I'm hardly presentable..." [..] Hardly
presentable! Wasn't it strange, the way humans looked at themselves with eyes
of flesh [..] But to the angels, she appeared as God Himself saw her, just as
any other redeemed saint of the living God: pure, shining, clean, dressed in
garments as white as snow.          PIERCING THE DARKNESS by Frank E. Peretti