Re: BTS: How are the bug reports organized?

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 11:19:56PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Darren Benham wrote:
>
> > No, seriously, that's how it's created but as long as we don't start ignoring
> > bugs, we'll never see 9999 or 99999 bugs in a single directory.
>
> Yeah, but the entire reason behind splitting things up like that was to
> reduce the number of files per-directory. Thomas is right to observe that
> in a few years we will be back where we started again :<
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with him.  I want to change the structure to save based
on the last two digits of the bug number, not the first... It'll just take some
major testing time to make sure nothing breaks and discussion by the mirror
people because it will cause all those pages to be remirrored...