shlib-with-non-pic-code _libglademodule.so

Hi!

I am the maintainer of python-gnome and the associated modules. The current
python-glade has support for the libglade library in _libglademodule.so.
Problem: Lintian complains that _libglademodule.so contains position dependent
code. But it is compiled with

gcc -g -O2 -fPIC -c libglademodule.c
gcc -shared -lc -o _libglademodule.so libglademodule.o -lglade -lxml -lz \
    -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm

(I removed some of the uninteresting options as -Lfoo and -Ibar)

Could you tell me what I am doing wrong? I don't see anything wrong in
that gcc commands. Perhaps lintian is wrong?

Thanks
    Torsten