Re: KDE

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 11:07:42PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 05:10:21AM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > > Just because RMS wants us to completely divorce non-free and hide it from
> > > our users doesn't mean we'll do just that.  We can reorganize the ftp
> > > site it a sane manner to emphasize the difference between main and not
> > > main without going to extremes to hide choices from our users.
> >
> > Is it problematic to use virtual domains and a symlink tree to hide non-free
> > under some hostname, for Free Software advocats?
>
> I believe it problematic from the perspective of not hiding things from
> our users, but I would agree that moving non-free to a different location
> under the debian tree is a good idea.

I have not asked for that. I have only asked for a seperate repository
completely without non-free and contrib.

It is not hidden, it is still availble at ftp.debian.org or whereever.

Just have us one domain name (virtual if you like) where only free software
is accessible. Is this too much to ask? People who don't care wouldn't even
notice.

Thanks,
Marcus