Re: KDE

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 06:57:16PM -0500, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> > I'm increasingly starting to think that we should do something about
> > that. Debian *only* consists of main, contrib and non-free are only
> > there to support users (and ourselves). Debian slink has somewhat over
> > 1500 packages, not over 2000 as I hear all to many people say.
>
> Do what?  I don't think it would be very smart.
>
> > Apparently we're not making the distinction between DFSG-free and
> > other software as obvious/noticable enough as we should..
>
> The people who want to make the distinction, do.  If you notice, I
> said "practical terms".  Do you want to make it impractical to install
> contrib and non-free software?

I think Wichert is a little more reasonable than RMS in this area..  =p

Just because RMS wants us to completely divorce non-free and hide it from
our users doesn't mean we'll do just that.  We can reorganize the ftp
site it a sane manner to emphasize the difference between main and not
main without going to extremes to hide choices from our users.

To boldly go where no bunch of geeks have gone before :)   --Joel Klecker