Re: KDE

*Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> official.debian.org?
> non-free.debian.org?

  Will such a split make it logistically easier or more difficult to develop
debian ?  I hate to sound practical, but perhaps that should be considered.
The current situation still allows developers to develop an
entirely free distribution with no extra effort.  And users can
get an entirely free distribution with no extra effort.  True, it
is easy to get non-free, but the little bit of extra effort involved is
to get it, not to leave it out.  How  does making it a bit more difficult
to get improve things ?
   Maybe we can do what John Conway does at login, and have the user
factor a large number before he can get non-free :-) .

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org