Re: Bug #32888: The old `base' package.

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 07:55:03PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> I'm trying to understand what kind of harm does the existence of the base
> package which has to be considered as a "bug".
>
> Is there a technical reason why we should make "base" to disappear
> from old systems?
>
> Is there any reason to make "base" to disappear other than aesthetical?

I'm trying to understand what kind of harm the existence of the old,
obsolete X font and static library packages cause which necessitates
their consideration as "bugs".

There.  I've caught you at it.  It doesn't matter to you which side of an
issue you play, so long as it wastes people's time an bandwidth.

Your credibility has been shot all to hell with me.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |      What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                 |      reading the Bible cover to cover.