Re: How does anyone keep up with this list?

*Sven LUTHER wrote:

> no, i am not the right guy for that, i just sort mail in mailing list by hand
> edited .procmailrc, and read them normally with mutt, no threading or other
> such stuff, but perhaps one of the people suggesting advanced procmail and
> muttrc stuff could help here ...

I started using mutt a day or two ago.  I use procmail to
put each mailing list into a separate file.  In muttrc, each
file is listed in the 'lists' command.  and set sort=threads.
Each file is listed in the 'mailboxes' command.
And also,
set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15n ( (%4l) %s"
which differs from the default only in that the real name
of the user gets printed in the index. Otherwise, every message
in debian-devel will just have 'debian-devel' rather than the sender.
I don't know if this is the best way.  I am getting bored shuffling
around looking for a decent mail client.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org