Re: How does anyone keep up with this list?

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> writes:

>   I switched from gnus to mutt, yesterday. Mutt is already much
> better.  Although it could use more documentation and examples, it
> is much easier than gnus.  My gnus setup was always half broken.

Hmm, I couldn't imagine not using gnus, but for others I also
recommend mutt (though I'm no mutt expert).  If I get the time I might
post my gnus setup somewhere, but I imagine that Manoj's would be much
more interesting...

My setup's not perfect, but it works pretty well.  I'm about to make
it better now that I've spoken to the gnu.emacs.gnus people and
figured out how the various expire/scoring/marking levels really
work...

FWIW here's my current split setup:

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
(setq nnmail-split-fancy
      '(|

        ;; This has to come before the spam filtering because it
        ;; otherwise looks like spam
        (any "debian-bugs-dist" "debian-bugs")

        ;; I had some spam catchers here, but I deleted them since I
        ;; really don't get enough for it to matter...

        ("From" "backup@raven" "backup-reports")
        ("From" "backup@.*\\.austin\\.rr\\.com" "backup-reports")

        ;; Put these first so we control the order in which messages with
        ;; multiple matching addressses get split.
        ("X-Mailing-List" "debian-announce" "debian-announcements")
        ("X-Mailing-List" "debian-devel-announce" "debian-announcements")
        ("X-Mailing-List" "debian-changes" "debian-changes")
        ("X-Mailing-List" "debian-devel-changes" "debian-changes")

        ;; Get all the debian groups.  The request ones don't work
        ;; quite right yet...
        (any "debian-\\(\\(\\w\\|-\\)*\\)@lists\\.debian\\.org" "debian-\\1")
        (any "debian-\\(\\(\\w\\|-\\)*\\)-request@lists\\.debian\\.org"
             "debian-\\1")