Re: slink release delayed

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> writes:

> 	I'm not sure the kernel source for 2.2.1 should be there.
> It had a nasty bug that hung the kernel when doing alot of disk I/O.
> Leaves the partition in a mess when you reboot too.  What I am saying
> is that no one should run 2.2.1 .

I haven't seen this yet (I've been building CDs for the last 2 weeks on a
sparc with a 2.2.1 kernel with one IDE and three SCSI drives).

>   It has been fixed in 2.2.2 , but it's too late for that.

> ./dists/slink/main/binary-all/devel/kernel-source-2.2.1_2.2.1-1.deb

Actually, I'd like to see the kernel-source-sparc package from
incoming installed.  The sparc platform offers 2.0.35 kernels on
non-Ultra machines, and 2.2.1 kernels on all machines.  (We need a
late 2.1 or 2.2 kernel to boot on the Ultras, and it is too late to
build new kernels and boot floppies. - Also, my Sparc20 still refuses
to boot with any 2.0 kernel that Debian provides, so I need the 2.2.1
kernel on that platform too.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu