Re: FVWM 2.2 officially released

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 04:44:34PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> Of course, if there's any way to do that with another window manager
> (e.g. fvwm 2.2), I'd love to hear about it. But *I* have never been
> able to find out how.
>
> I'd also like to hear what added value fvwm 2.2 has. If all there is
> is the taskbar or launchbar or whatever it's called, then I'm not
> interested. I prefer to have my apps launchable from the mouse directly.

Hi Paul.

Fvwm2 comes with META-<arrow-key> for navigation between
different panning windows.  Like you i like the CTRL-<arrow key>
more and in true fvwm manner you can change this of course.  All
you have to change is the fourth column of these four lines to a
'C'.  Like this

    Key Left        A       M       Scroll -100 0
    Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0 -100
    Key Right       A       M       Scroll +100 +0
    Key Down        A       M       Scroll +0 +100

    Key Left        A       C       Scroll -100 0
    Key Up          A       C       Scroll +0 -100
    Key Right       A       C       Scroll +100 +0
    Key Down        A       C       Scroll +0 +100

Holger

--
+ PGP || GnuPG key -> finger eitz@jonathan.weh.rwth-aachen.de +
+++ Debian/GNU Linux <octavian@debian.org> ++ Support Linux +++