Re: PAM, Potato, Packages -- things that begine with 'P'

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 07:13:04AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> Now the proposal, how do we get PAM completely into potato, from telnet
> to ftp, to ssh? There are a lot of apps that need to use pam, I'm
> suggesting, for the users sake, that in potato we make pam'ified apps
> optional (ie. have a telnetd and a telnetd-pam), maybe by post-potato
> release, we can drop this usage and be completely PAM enabled.

I think this is too ugly, and will make upgrading a pain. How would
having extra apps help users? (Pam'd apps should still interoperate with
apps that use passwd directly, right? As long as /bin/passwd is pam'd,
it should be user-invisible.)

Mike Stone