Re: Software packaging

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 01:16:07AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> jdg@maths.qmw.ac.uk (Julian Gilbey) writes:
> > Please note that I am NOT proposing that mkpkg be used for the
> > preparation of the TeXLive-4 CD, only that the paper's points be
> > considered prior to its production.
>
> This is interesting, but mostly for me w.r.t. getting an alternative
> TeX distribution.  No shame to the current tetex maintainers, but
> TeXLive seems to me to be a better collection than tetex in some ways.
>
> Is anyone thinking about the Sisyphusian task of packaging TeXLive?

If anyone is, don't forget that a LOT of TeXLive is non-free in DFSG-terms.
And it might be more useful to package some sort of installation script to
help Debian users install packages from the TeXLive CD in the right places.

But I'm not volunteering, because I don't think there's much value in it...

Andrew